National Tribal Trial College (NTTC)
Southwest Center for Law and Policy provides free legal training on domestic and sexual violence, stalking, abuse of persons with disabilities, federal firearms violations, and elder abuse through the National Tribal Trial College (NTTC). Free, interactive, skills based legal training at the NTTC is held at locations across the country for criminal and civil justice professionals, courts, law enforcement, healthcare providers, advocates and allied professionals. All courses are taught by Indian Country experts on the effective litigation and investigation of violence committed against American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) women. Participants learn important legal skills in small, discipline specific groups to advance safety and justice for American Indian/Alaska Native victims. Free Continuing Legal Education, Law Enforcement Training Units, CEUs, and CMEs are available. Priority for enrollment in the free, 2 day, interactive courses is given to Office on Violence Against Women grantees.
Upcoming Free Legal Training Institutes (NTTC)
- Effective Litigation of Protection Orders for American Indian/Alaska Victims (scheduled for Anchorage, Alaska April 2015 and focusing on the special needs of Alaska Native victims)
- Legal and Victim Advocacy for Special Needs American Indian/Alaska Native Victims of Sexual Violence: Seriously Mentally Ill and Cognitively Impaired Victims (With or Without a History of Substance and/or Alcohol Abuse) (scheduled for June 2015 in Boston, MA - Harvard School of Law)
- Litigating and Asserting Victim Rights in Tribal, State, Federal, and CFR Courts: (scheduled for Sept. 2015 in Tucson, AZ)
To be added to our email list for updates and information about our upcoming 2015 free webinars, teleconferences and on-site trainings. Click here
The Southwest Center For Law And Policy
is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization providing legal training and technical assistance to tribal communities and to organizations and agencies serving Native people.
We are the host of the National Tribal Trial College providing free legal training for Attorneys, Judges, Law Enforcement, Advocates and Community Members on:
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Assault
- Dating/Relationship Violence
- Firearms Violence
- Abuse Of Elders
- Abuse Of Persons With Disabilities
- Victims' Rights
- Sex Offender Registration and Notification
- Forensic Evidence
- Tribal Court Trial Skills
List of OVW Approved Training Modules
For more information about our upcoming free conferences, click here.